Monday, June 18, 2007

The Return of the Toof Gnome

Through dangers untold,
and hardships unnumbered,
I have fought my way here, to the castle beyond the Goblin City,
to screw up Donna's teef some mo'. Weeeheheeeeee!

That's what the little jerk of a Toof Gnome said today has he wreaked more havoc in my mouth. Ok, so you know my bottom teeth are no longer completely straight, one of my teeth overlaps the other ever-so-slightly. Well, sometime today, while I was minding my own business, Mr. Toof Gnome somehow sneaked into my mouth without my permission, and took a little chunk from my tooth! Yes, I'm overreacting about my teeth as usual, but that's beside the point. At about 3pm this afternoon, I rubbed my upper lip with my bottom teeth and felt a weeee bit of a scratch. I went straight to the mirror and saw that the same tooth that has recently overlapped its neighbor now has a CHIP! What in the heeyyyyllll is goin' on? Ok, ok, it's only about a 1mm chip outta the corner of that tooth, but it's still reality. I'm figuring it has to do with recent pressure on my teefs - it seems to be more than coincidence that it's the same tooth with the other unsightly problem. Well lemme tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna trap dat Toof Gnome and stick him in my rat well. No no no, I'm gonna get some dentures and somehow make a clever contraption with a mouse trap so I can catch him and do a lil' somethin' somethin' oral surgery on his punk ass! I think I might actually have to go to the dentist now. I hate the dentist almost as much as I hate Mr. Toof Gnome.

This weekend was nice. We had some family time (I put some pictures up of our front garden festivities) and yesterday we went out to eat for Father's Day. I'll put a few pics of that up in a minute. We had traditional English Sunday roast - roast beef, 3 boiled potatoes, 2 halves of a roasted potato, carrots, cabbage, swede (not like as in Swedish, as in turnip), Yorkshire pudding, and gravy. It was not very good. Paul makes a mean Sunday roast, I was spoiled with that a few weeks ago, so nothing will compare now. Anyways, though the food wasn't so good, it was a nice time hangin' with Ma & Pa Martin and Paul & Elijah. Elijah has been on and off with the whole sickness thing - he's in bed now at 7:30 which is very early for him these days. He's sleeping already, so there must still be something wrong. Poor little man.

My business is coming along. I finally got Paul and my wedding invitations. They're a little off, like the perforation isn't quite in the right place, and the insert card's wording aren't centered, but whatever. I'll learn as I go. They're good enough! I'll be sending those out sometime before the end of the month! I've finished almost 6 design collections, so only 3 more to go, then finish the website and do, um, tons more stuff. I've set up a schedule for myself so I know what I should be doing every day, and if I stick to it, I'll be up and running by August 1st. Yeah!

That's all from England. If you see the damn Toof Gnome, please trap him for me. I'll pay you £5 for him.

Here's some new-ish videos for your viewing pleasure:

Elijah "reading" a story

Pillow Fight

Race Track

Aeroplane!

I also added an album under the Pictures section of old school stuff. I was going through all my old photos and found some I thought I'd share!

No comments: