Saturday, June 09, 2007

Cinnamon Toast & a Banana

Buongiorno everyone. It's been a long time since I updated this thing, again, I have no excuse. I've been spending every spare minute I have working on setting up my new biz. It's taking SO long. Who would think this kind of business would take so long? Well, let me explain where my time goes. First of all, for those who don't know, I'm opening a wedding stationery business. I've come up with some creative ideas (well, I think they're pretty cool ideas) and hope it takes off. My whole concept is I'm offering certain design collections, and my clients will have their choice of 40 colour schemes, and they can add their own photo and quotes/poetry - kinda like build-it-yourself without actually having to build it yourself. I've done a ton of research on the market and competition, and it looks promising. Girls spend an unfathomable amount of money on crap for their weddings, and there's very few contemporary wedding stationers in England, so, there ya go. If I market myself well and offer a good product, there's no reason I won't do well - that's my attitude! I've signed up to do a bridal trade show in September, so it's for real! Anyways, to give you an idea of my time, I want to offer 9 design collections when I open shop. Each collection will have 8 components (invitations, save-the-dates, favour tags, etc...) and each component has 2 sides. Plus, I want to show each collection in 5 different colour schemes to give people an idea of what they can get. So, if you add it up, each collection consists of 18 design files, each file must be made in 5 colour schemes, and that's for each design collection, so I have to design, tweak, and perfect 810 files before I can even think about starting. That's a bit overwhelming. I've finished 3 total collections, and I've designed the invitation for the other 6 collections, so I have about 530 files left to finish. On top of that I have to design every piece of my website, create a really smart multi-page online order form, figure out advertising and promotions, sort out the business side of it (phone line, taxes, accounting software, blah blah blah) and all sorts of stuff like that. I'm really hoping to be able to open shop officially at the beginning of August. So anyways, now you all know what I do with most of my free time. I'll make a big huge announcement when it's up and running!

Elijah is sitting on the couch right now eating his usual breakfast of cinnamon toast and a banana, watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Can you believe they're still making that show?? Must make serious money - Elijah sure loves it. Paul is still in bed - he had too much to drink last night. He was being hilarious - he gets reallllllly giggly if he has too much to drink. Hahaaa...he cracks me up. I had just one drink (mind you it was a strong drink), and I got tipsy and feel ill this morning. Stupid drink. I think I shall never drink again! Ha.

Paul and his friend Charlie and Paul's dad worked really hard on the house yesterday. They got a lot done - the whole ceiling of the back room is plastered now - it just needs sanding and painting. I put a few pictures up under the House Progress section of the website. You can also note the colour on the back wall - that's one of the colours we're using for the room. Haaaa - I just realized I've been writing "colour" through this whole email. I knew that was gonna happen one of these days.

I also put a few new pictures up in the Pictures part of the website. There's only a few, I haven't been taking my camera around lately. I'll have to start doing that again.

No comments: