Saturday, April 21, 2007

Obnoxious little toof gnome

I know this isn't important to anyone but me, and it will show you how truly vain I really am...but I must gripe about this for a minute. I'm not one to normally care THAT much about my physical appearance. Don't get me wrong, I like to do myself up and look nice, but I'm not the girl who obsesses about being a few pounds overweight, or if I have an extra long third toe, or if I have a new wrinkle on my forehead or a grey hair. It's all just me, and that's fine. Until today, I have been mostly accepting of the changes my body has undergone because of various life events, such as pregnancy, general stress, and plain slowly getting older. The one thing I have taken pride in and genuinely love about my appearance is my smile. I gots some nice straight toofs that are pretty white and nice and things. Well, I looked in the mirror this morning, and YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I SAW!

My bottom teeth have always been completely, totally, utterly straight. Well, this past week, some obnoxious little toof gnome (dressed in lederhosen and pointy buckled shoes) has broken into my house and screwed up my teefs. I think he had an accomplice too. My lovely straight teeth are now C-R-O-O-K-E-D! Yes, crooked, as in, not straight. What is this alternate universe? When did this happen!? My wisdom tooth on the bottom has been acting up lately, and I now realize it's out for mouth-domination and will stop at nothing to achieve it. I know, I know, I'm totally overreacting, It's hardly a big deal, it's hardly noticeable.

But it so is.

I have a slight overlap. Oh my - did you read that? Let me repeat myself. I have a slight overlap. Am I the most vain girl ever to be born? Yes. I have scheduled surgery with Dr. Paul Teeet Martin for 8 o'clock this eve to rid my mouth of the evil wisdom tooth from hell.

1 comment:

Brian said...

It's because you're in England. You need to start having oral hygiene like the rest of them.