Sunday, March 11, 2007

Housewifey duties & house demo

Here's a great video of Elijah boppin' to the music in his carseat, and catching Paul singing like retard-o reggae, so funny -

Groovin' in da car

Good marnin'! I'm sitting here waiting for Elijah to finish his cereal, then we're off to playschool and I'm off for my jog. It's a beautiful day - yay! Spring is a-comin'. I'm gonna spend my day doing laundry. I don't think I've been completely done with laundry since I've been here. As you know, it takes 2 hours to run one load in the washing machine. We finally got a tumble dryer, but that also takes a long time, so I can only get so much done in one day, and by the time I'd done, the laundry basket is full again. Stupid housewifey duties. Ha.

Yesterday we went to one of Paul's friend's baby's Christenings. The Christening was during the service of a local village church, and ohhhh myyyy. Not to knock, but wow - that was possibly the most boring hour and a half of my life. After the Christening the crew went up to the pub, then my little fam went to Paul's parent's house for Sunday roast. That was nice.

Check out the House Progress section of the website - we did some major demolition this weekend. I guess we're doing this whole thing in stages, as to avoid the council man as much as possible. Paul put a make-shift door up at the bottom of the kitchen stairs, and the whole back area is now open. I guess we're gonna put a temporary wall blocking part of the garage and then totally finish the back lounge and dining room, at least so it's livable. Then we'll get the council man up here after that. I've designed a built-in desk/storage thingy for our eventual entryway. I guess that has to be the office, so I gotta make it work. It'll be great when it's done. I want that room to be my job - I wanna do it from start to finish. Now I just gotta convince Paul.

Here's a video of Elijah at the pub yesterday. I was squishing his face making him say "Chubby Bunnies". Hahaaa.

That's about it from here. Oh, and for all of you who might care, the UK's daylight savings isn't the same as the US, so our daylight savings is on March 25th. So we'll have 2 weeks of being an hour closer in time.

No comments: