Monday, March 05, 2007

8 meeeelion dollar dress

It is so windy here it's absurd. It's been windy for the past 3 or 4 days, non-stop. Our little fam went for a walk way up on the cliffs the other night to show Elijah the old machine gun bunker things from the war, and we literally couldn't let him walk by himself cause he was blowing over. I wish I brought my camera cause it was quite comical. This morning I had my jog and took Elijah to playschool and I had tears streaming from my eyes cause of the crazy wind. My jog was probably slower than a walk. It's insane. It'd be pleasant weather if it weren't for the wind - hopefully it won't last too much longer.

So let's see, what's going on in England...um...not much new really. I called the city council yesterday to find out about getting permission to turn our garage into a living space. Paul thought it would cost all sorts of money and that the council man would have to be up here every step of the way, but it sounds like (cross your fingers!) we won't have to do anything at all, we can just get goin' with it! The lady said that unless there's something in the archives about our house having a ban on changing the inside, we're free to do what we want to it. Yeehee!! If that's the case, the demo will be starting any day now. Woohooooo I can't wait to knock that wall down in the kitchen! We may even have that area livable by the time everyone comes out in November. That would be grrrrreat.

The wedding planning is kind of standing still at the moment. I went wedding dress shopping this weekend and found a GORGEOUS dress. To the tune of 8 Meeeeelion dollars. No, it's £680. To all the English folk, £680 for a wedding dress is a steal. To me, not so much. That's over $1300 - haha, yeah right. I've found nothing cheaper, so I think I'm gonna have to take a chance and order one off the internet and pray it's not a piece of crap. Paul thinks I should buy the one for £680, but seriously, I could fly me and Elijah out out to America round-trip, AND buy a wedding dress out there for that money. Shooooot. I think we're gonna hire a harpist for dinner though - that's gonna rule. You know this wedding be fo' da Queen and King and all...

Elijah and I have been having dance parties all the time. He's awesome. Check out his moves:


I've posted a few more pictures too.

No comments: