Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Were-wuff" Elijah

Ello there -
Yesterday was the Halloween party for all the primary school kids at the Village Hall. Ahhh, small town life. It was kind of a strange little get-together for small kids, there was nothing organized, just a DJ playing loud cheezy dance music. Elijah and James got ready together at James' house - the were both werewolves. Elijah calls it a "were-wuff". I only thought of a Halloween costume for Elijah the day before (I am so not a super-Mom), so we ended up buying him a store-made thingy. James got the homemade deal with blood and all. Ha. I think Elijah looked more like Chewbacca than a werewolf, but hey, that's just me. Anyways, here's a few videos of Elijah and James busting a move solo on the dance floor:


Hmm, what else is new? There's only like 10 days before the Americans take over Capel - weehawww! Everyone getting really excited now? All the wedding stuff is falling into place, so that's good. It'll be so nice to have 2 weeks off with the fam - even Paul is taking all that time off. Soooooper.

Elijah goes back to school Monday - it was "half-term" this week - so all the kids got a week off. He's been a good boy, though I think he's excited to go back to school. We haven't done too much - it's been REALLY cold. We went down to Folkestone one day and we met up with my friend Mary and her little girl Stella. We went to the pirate ship park and the beach even though it was freezing with the wind blowing at 92 miles per hour. Mary may want to join me on a business venture of some grand proportions, and you know me, I'm all crazy ideas and enthusiasm, so heck, bring it on. Oh, and Mary & her hubby Jonathan volunteered to make homemade truffles for our wedding favours, how nice is that?? Joosi is going extremely well - much better than I expected only a few months into business. I had 3 orders last week, 2 this week (one custom, so a tad more money!) - my goal when I started was to have an average of 2-3 orders per week by the end of year one, so yeah, things are going well indeed!

Paul is doing grrrreat - he has an insanely amazing afro at the moment, it's great. And almost a full beard - bring it. He's like an English Yeti. Hahaa, I love it. The house renovations are kinda just movin' along slowly but steadily. The flooring in the back bathroom is going down at the moment, then the toilet and sink can go in, then all we need is some baseboards and a door and it'll be done! We went to IKEA last weekend and got some stuff for our bedroom and some lights for the back room - I love IKEA, like, so much.

Speaking of last weekend, it was our 1-year anniversary! We went up to Canterbury for the night on Saturday - it was nice to get away by ourselves. The hotel was poo, but oh well, it was still nice to have some time on our own. We saw the movie Stardust - thought that was pretty good. Uh, yeah.

That is all. Bye bye.

No comments: