Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jousting & Wenches

It's Friday, yay. No, not really. Paul is working both days this weekend again. Hopefully this'll be the last weekend for a while. I guess the money will be nice - we have a wedding to pay for and this house needs thousands of pounds of work! We're tossing around the idea of eventually turning the attic into a loft with a spiral staircase. Heck yeah - I've always wanted a spiral staircase! That'll be the very last thing we do, but it's fun to dream. Sometime next week I'm gonna go around the house and take pictures of everything, and post them on the website. I'll let everyone know what we plan on doing. I should start a separate area of the website for our house progress. Hmm...yes, perhaps I shall!

So this week we went to visit Dover Castle as an option for our wedding. There's some pictures of it on the website. It's beautiful and massive and full o' history. It was built around 1280, that's INSANE! Driving up to it is the best part - it's on a huge hill in Dover, and you look up and it just looms over the city. It's really an amazing place. Now, for weddings, not so much. For a medieval-themed wedding where the bride and groom are nerdily obsessed with wearing poofy formalwear with big sleeves and eating whole chickens with their bare hands and things, then this castle is perfect.


Imagine having these peeps for your evening DJs! Ha! That would rule. But, I don't think we're into the whole knights and wenches and jousting as entertainment, so we'll continue our search for a wedding venue. I think we're down to 2 options, The Hythe Imperial, or Lympne Castle. The Hythe Imperial is a really nice hotel on the sea, and Lympne Castle is an old castle, I think it's someone's home now, but it's GORGEOUS (www.lympnecastle.com), and quite pricey. I refuse to be sucked into having wedding-lust-syndrome, so I'm thinking we'll go with The Hythe Imperial, which is more than fine with me. I actually want it at this place called The Grand, it's super affordable and old and full of character. But for some reason, everyone here seems to think it's super ghetto and there will be worms in our dinner, so that got the elbow. Anyways, we're visiting both The Imperial and Lympne on Monday, so I'll update ya then. So let me brag about my husband a little bit. He's the biz. The alarm went off at 6:30am Valentine's Day morning, just like usual. He got outta bed and everything was quiet, so I assumed, like normal, he went to work. At about 7am, he crawled back into bed, and told me he had taken the day off. Hehe, yay, that was a nice surprise. We woke up and went into the dining room, and there was a gorgeous display of roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and gifts. What a man, seriously. Then he told me he'd made an appointment to see Dover Castle, which I'd been wanting to do for a long time. He made me a delectable 4 course dinner after wee man went to bed. Loganberry yogurt with chocolate shavings as an appetizer, tomato and basil chicken pasta salad for a starter, salmon with parsley sauce, asparagus, and potatoes with spring onions for a main course, and fresh fruit cocktail for dessert. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...it was scrumptious, and I love Mr. Martin. Speaking of love, MOLLY GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still haven't actually talked to her - damn living in England n' whateva - but I guess it happened Valentine's Day morning. Yeeheeeee! I'm so excited for them. Elijah has been doing so so well here in England. I think he's just really happy to have a family thing goin' on. Potty training has been a breeze this past week (knock on wood). He hasn't had any accidents, and hasn't done #2 in his pants for more than a week. Today there was another major breakthrough! He's been wearing a diaper at night cause he still pees at night, or first thing in the morning, but today, he called me into his room and told me he had to go pee, and his diaper was totally dry! YEAH! Ahhh, it'll be so nice to not have to worry about it anymore. Last night he painted a teacup and bowl that he got for Christmas, he had a great time doing that. He loves arts and crafts type-o-stuff, but I guess all kids do! As a potty training reward, my dad sent him this huge remote control Dalek robot thing. Elijah figured out that the Dalek and his RC space shuttle run on the same frequency, so he can make them both move with one remote. He thinks that's just brilliant. I just said "brilliant". Ha. That's all for now - have a lovely day!

No comments: