Saturday, February 03, 2007

Eastwell Manor & Canterbury

I'm sitting at my dining room table, watching Elijah eat with a knife and fork, listening to him say, "Look Mama, I'm eating like an Englishman!" I'll be uploading a video of him eating with his knife and fork, 'cause I know you're all so interested in his eating habits.

We're going to drive up to Ashford today to check out Eastwell Manor for our wedding. It's goorrrrgeous. Check out the pic - isn't it ridiculously picturesque and oh-so-English? Don't know if it's realistic, but we're gonna look anyways. No wonder there's such thing as Wedding Planners - weddings are insane. It ends up being all about making other people happy - isn't it just silly. Eh, it'll be a killah party - I'm excited. It'll be nice having some Americans in da house too. Weeheee!

We went to Canterbury yesterday to shop a bit for Paul's dad's birthday. In America, we go to the mall to shop, in southeast England, they go to the streets of Canterbury. The immense and beautiful Canterbury Cathedral looms over the shopping district as we stroll along the cobblestone streets, and we keep our eyes open for armored men with swords and shields, and Beowulf on a dressed horse. Haha. Seriously. No, not really. But it feels like we should be able to spot Beowulf. It's really beautiful, I hope I never take it for granted.

No comments: