Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Hello everyone. As most of you know, Elijah and I recently moved to England to be with my new hubby, Paul. We bought a bungalow in a small village called Capel-le-Ferne in southeast Kent, about an hour from London. I'll be using this site to update everyone with new pictures, stories, and complaints about how living in rural England is what I would imagine living in 1856 was like. We have a large fire pit in the center of our house as our one and only heat source, I must hand wash all of our clothes in a hole in the backyard, Paul sleeps with a shotgun at his side just in case the foxes try to come in and steal our young during the night, and I cook our meals in a cauldron over the fire. No, not really. We just don't have a clothes dryer, a big fridge, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher, or central air heating (it's quite normal not to have those things in England. Ahh, how spoiled are we Americans?). Besides having to get used to the lack of modern conveniences, it's wonderful being here. Paul is sooooper and did a helluva job on the bungalow, though we still have A LOT of work to do on it. Everyone thinks Elijah is the cutest thing in the world with his little accent. We're the only Americans around - how novel. Anyways, check back often for updates on our supa-rad family and feel free to email me at armyofme@gmail.com.
-Donna

No comments: